I exchanged white sugar for honey and vegetable oil for coconut oil to make these rolls a little more healthy. They are quick to make (about 40 minute total) and quick to disappear.
2 T active dry yeast
1 cup plus 2 T warm water
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
3 to 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
1) In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
2) Add the egg, salt and 3 cups flour.
3) Mix with dough hook until soft, elastic dough forms: about 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise.
4) Place dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets covered with parchment paper.
5) Let rest for 10 minutes, then bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.