The first recipe from my summer garden!
2 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice – I used roasted red pepper jack that I picked up on vacation
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1/4 sleeve buttery crackers, crushed
Preheat the oven to 350°.
Sauté the squash and onion in butter until soft. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the cheeses and yogurt.
Place in the prepared pie plate or casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden.
Makes 6 servings. Nutrition information per serving:
2 T chia seeds
6 T water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ cup almond milk
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup honey
½ cup olive oil
– Preheat oven to 350
– In a small bowl, mix chia seeds and water. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the batter.
– In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
– In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and honey.
– Once chia seeds are slightly congealed (this takes about 5 minutes) whisk in to the wet ingredients.
– Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Whisk together just until combined.
– Scoop into greased muffin tins with a ¼ cup measure. Makes 18 muffins.
– Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clear.
Nutrition Information for 1 muffin: