2 T chia seeds
6 T water
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ cup almond milk
¼ cup lemon juice
½ cup honey
½ cup olive oil
– Preheat oven to 350
– In a small bowl, mix chia seeds and water. Let stand while you prepare the rest of the batter.
– In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
– In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, milk, lemon juice, and honey.
– Once chia seeds are slightly congealed (this takes about 5 minutes) whisk in to the wet ingredients.
– Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Whisk together just until combined.
– Scoop into greased muffin tins with a ¼ cup measure. Makes 18 muffins.
– Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clear.